A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2016 at 0:49 PM, Memphus said:

she got fat though

What crazy standards do you have?!

In other news, I have finally caught up with the current episodes! What the fuck did they do with Dorne? Such a good storyline in the novels and so wasted and mangled here. The main Dorne character didn't even make it into the show. WTF. 

3 hours ago, Beric said:

What crazy standards do you have?!

In other news, I have finally caught up with the current episodes! What the fuck did they do with Dorne? Such a good storyline in the novels and so wasted and mangled here. The main Dorne character didn't even make it into the show. WTF. 

Right!? I'd have sex with her. Also who you talkin about in Dorne

10 hours ago, Rain said:

Also who you talkin about in Dorne

Arianne Martell. Prince Doran's daughter and heir. She's the one who leads the Sand Snakes in the kidnapping of Myrcella, but with the intention to crown her as queen, not kill her. And Doran is (unbeknownst to her) conspiring to have Arianne married to a secret supposed Targaryen and seated on the Iron Throne herself. Every thread in the Dorne plot is wound around her. Take her out and it unravels into the mess we saw onscreen. 

21 minutes ago, Beric said:

Arianne Martell. Prince Doran's daughter and heir. She's the one who leads the Sand Snakes in the kidnapping of Myrcella, but with the intention to crown her as queen, not kill her. And Doran is (unbeknownst to her) conspiring to have Arianne married to a secret supposed Targaryen and seated on the Iron Throne herself. Every thread in the Dorne plot is wound around her. Take her out and it unravels into the mess we saw onscreen. 

only ringing very distant bells in my goldfish memory ##

The most disappointing moment this season was when Areo Hotah (the guy with the cool fking lance) dies by a knife in his back.

37 minutes ago, Ymesocool said:

The most disappointing moment this season was when Areo Hotah (the guy with the cool fking lance) dies by a knife in his back.

And he had like 3 lines the whole damn season. Just...what a waste Dorne was on the show. 

LiquidSwords
37 minutes ago, Beric said:

And he had like 3 lines the whole damn season. Just...what a waste Dorne was on the show. 

At least we haven't seen it since then.

2 hours ago, Beric said:

"Look at me, I'm a bad ass girl and I make cool one-liners. Let me just kill my leader because he obviously has been doing nothing else but sitting in his chair while he ruled for years"

I gave up on Dorne being an engaging story last season.

While we're griping about stuff. I'm also really bothered by the High Sparrow/Margaery/Loras stuff.

In the book Loras is never imprisoned. He's a member of the kingsguard and at this point in the story has been sent off to fight a suicidal battle. Margaery's imprisonment was orchestrated by Cersei. Who called into question her virginity and tortured a man into falsely testifying that he slept with Margaery. As far as the reader knows, Margaery is completely innocent and is certainly not compromised by her loyalty to her brother. During all of this Margaery is a shrewd and cunning woman who does her best to play the Faith and garner sympathy from the common people. She's in a cell, but not by any measure is she powerless. 

I do not mind changes from the book. Some of these changes I've really loved. But some are just so bad, and too many seem to focus on disempowering (or erasing!) complex female characters. Disappoints me. 

Spoiler

Where is Yara/Asha going with that fleet? 

Is time travel now a thing? 

Was that direwolf Summer? Looked white (Ghost) to me, but Summer would make more sense. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

1 hour ago, Beric said:
  Hide contents

Where is Yara/Asha going with that fleet? 

Is time travel now a thing? 

Was that direwolf Summer? Looked white (Ghost) to me, but Summer would make more sense. 

Spoiler

No idea where they are going but I can see them helping Jon/Sansa in the future.

I don't think Bran is time traveling but he can effect time in some capacity.

I think it was summer, pretty sure I heard them call it summer.

This episode made me so sad. It was so good though.