A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

Spoiler

Not sure if you guys saw this but:

GC9YR4q.png

A quote from the book:

"Thousands and thousands of years ago, Brandon the Builder had raised Winterfell, and some said the Wall. Bran knew the story, but it had never been his favorite. Maybe one of the other Brandons had liked that story. Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head."

All of this shit with the High Sparrow in Kings Landing would not be going down if Joffrey were still king. He would have put an end to that shit LONG AGO. Tommen can suck a bag of dicks,

REST IN PEACE KING JOFFREY I MISS YOU

33 minutes ago, Blank said:

Can anyone explain what the hell just happened to Wyllis/Hodor. 

Spoiler

Bran, while in the past, heard Meera calling for help. He tried to warg into present-day Hodor to be of assistance, but accidentally went into past-Wyllis who then heard Meera's cries. The stress and confusion of that caused Wyllis' mind to break, rendering him into the Hodor we know now. So Wyllis-Hodor spent the rest of his life knowing he was meant to later on 'hold the door' to save these two. And he did. 

Hodor!!!!

I'd been avoiding this thread since we were perpetually behind.  Just caught up to episode 5.  So good.  Look forward to reading the last 3 pages next time I'm on the pooper!

In other news! Thoros of Myr is confirmed back for this season. I'm so very hopeful that means Beric will also be back.

Spoiler

And that we'll get Lady Stoneheart afterall.  Brienne going off to Riverrun could be setting that confrontation up. 

On 5/23/2016 at 10:57 PM, Beric said:
  Hide contents

Was that direwolf Summer? Looked white (Ghost) to me, but Summer would make more sense. 

Spoiler

Definitely was Summer. I had sub-titles on.

I'm also pretty disappointed in the Dorne story line being cut out.  

It seems that they are cutting everything related to the 2nd branch of the Targaryen family story line, but I suppose we've maybe known that since the prince wasn't on the boat with Tyrion.

22 minutes ago, Blank said:

Benjen stark is apparently also set to make an appearance.

It's about time we find out where he's been. 

11 hours ago, Rain said:

I just realized, where the fuck is bronn????

According to the trailers, it looks like he'll meet up with Pod (and Brienne) around Riverrun.

Well that's random as shit. Taking Jamie's book storyline, perhaps? 

LiquidSwords
1 hour ago, Beric said:

Well that's random as shit. Taking Jamie's book storyline, perhaps? 

People pointed out in the trailer that Jaime's in Riverrun, so Idk. His return is news to me.

I'm still waiting on Blackfish/Frey/Gendry appearances, but I can add Benjen to the list.

I'm assuming Gendry has been cut. Shireen (RIP) seems to have taken his place. 

In light of yesterday's episode: 

Spoiler

I'm 100% convinced Daenerys is being set up as a villain. Invading a continent who barely knows she exists with overwhelming dragons and a horde of foreign warriors who know nothing but rape and pillage? That is not going to go well. 

Pretty sure Arya's real test is showing enough of a moral compass not to kill the actress and instead going to kill the female Faceless Man (called the Waif in the book). That woman's last scene included the words "I" and "me", which is the antithesis of being a Faceless Man. It would be pretty cheap if the Faceless Men really did just kill anyone they were paid to. They should be more than that and their reputation suggests that they are. 

And yay! I'm sure every book reader suspected that Coldhands was Benjen, but it was nice to have it confirmed. I'd love to know more about how the Children intervened and why he was saved. Currently disappointed by Bran's seeming non-reaction to Hodor/Summer's deaths. 

Spoiler

I've heard the Danny being the villain story before but I still don't believe it. Maybe I will if she does team up with the Ironborn, although I would be so happy if the Dothraki killed everyone on Pyke. Those guys are insufferable... There is definitely going to be some ramifications that the show/book will address of Danny leading an army of foreign invaders into Westeros though. I wouldn't be upset if GRRM kills Danny off at some point, give us Azor Azhai/Jon Snow as the ultimate hero.

Btw, speaking of Bran, at one point during his flashbacks, we saw a body with a cut:

LZXLRB4.png

This seems to be Ned's hand, considering the outfit. This probably is Lyanna's body after a gone wrong C-section.

Consider this: what if the cut is caused by Arthur Dayne's sword Dawn, whose wielder is called the Morning Star. 

Consider also this quote from Melisandre to Jon: "When the red star bleeds, Azhor Azhai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons from smoke." So look for some resemblance of smoke and salt in this scene when it happens.

And lastly, consider this final quote which all but confirms Jon being Azor Azhai (which we probably knew by now): "I pray for glimpses of Azhor Azhai but R'hllor only shows me Snow"

All we now need is for him to wield a burning sword, and that seems entirely possible considering he will be fighting the Others and the Whitewalkers.