A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

LiquidSwords
2 hours ago, Beric said:
  Hide contents

Yes, in the books he stayed at Riverrun during the Red Wedding. After the siege ends (which happens much the same as it did in the books) The Blackfish escapes. Other major differences - Robb's widow is captured (not dead in the books), and Brienne was never there. 

Spoiler

Also Smalljon died at the RW defending Robb rather than living long enough to sell his youngest brother to the Boltons. :hmph:

Just now, LiquidSwords said:
  Hide contents

Also Smalljon died at the RW defending Robb rather than living long enough to sell his youngest brother to the Boltons. :hmph:

That change made me very mad. :hmph:

5 hours ago, Beric said:

That change made me very mad. :hmph:

Spoiler

Definitely puts a stop to "the North remembers" saying. I really though he there was some kind of trick he was playing. It think it would have been so much better if there was, even if Rickon still dies at the end. What a worthless Stark. Hope hes not that worthless in the books. Hope Howland Reed is grooming him to become the next "King of the North"

On June 25, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Rafi said:

Ah. Neither of us could think for the life of us what rumor that could be referring to. What context was there for you to so surely say it referred to wildfire? 

7 hours ago, Blank said:
  Hide contents

Hope Howland Reed is grooming him to become the next "King of the North"

Speaking of, why isn't Howland Reed a show character? He's the only person alive who knows the truth of Jon's parentage. Sure we could find it out through Bran's voodoo tree magic, but who would believe him? Most of the world doesn't believe that white walkers exist. 

Maybe he shows up in the final season? I dont know how they will introduce him though. I really thought Rickon would be the key to introducing us to the Crannogmen

30 minutes ago, Blank said:

I dont know how they will introduce him though.

"Hey, I'm Ned Stark's closest friend and confidant. Decided to sit at home while he and his children were slaughtered, Winterfell was taken, and my own children were taken hostage/went missing." 

:reporter:

LiquidSwords
Spoiler

Meera can take Bran home to meet her father and tell him about Jojen dying and Howland helps Bran discover the truth of Jon and he becomes important from then. That's one way for it to go down.

2 hours ago, Beric said:

"Hey, I'm Ned Stark's closest friend and confidant. Decided to sit at home while he and his children were slaughtered, Winterfell was taken, and my own children were taken hostage/went missing." 

:reporter:

Spoiler

Also for the Tower of joy sequence...I thought it was said that Howland Reed used some sort of magic to defeat Dayne? (Though the double wielding Dayne was cool, I would have loved to see his true sword) (Also LOL Sam stole Heartsbane)

This damn episode has set up such a crazy next season. Please let the months pass quickly. :reporter:

12 minutes ago, Beric said:

This damn episode has set up such a crazy next season. Please let the months pass quickly. :reporter:

Yea, now the long wait begins ;-;

A lot more happened this episode than I was expecting :o

The musical direction that episode was PERFECT. Right from the very start I was awed at the music, and it continued right through the whole episode, cutting every different scene together perfectly.

So much happened in that episode... Can we talk about Margeary and the Tyrells?? Holy moley, that's not what I expected to happen there. Interesting way to include the Sand Snakes though. How will they work with Danny? Seems to be some fundamental disconnect between those characters. 

I guess Ellaria and the Sand Snakes are replacing the plotting Doran on the show completely 

Seems like they're manipulating the story lines a bit to lean towards female dominant leadership. Given that streak, I was surprised when John seemingly accepted the king of the north title and didn't follow through with cowtowing to Sansa. There would have been a female  ruler nearly everywhere except the wall.