A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

LiquidSwords

Oops wrong thread

Anyway, yeah, exciting episode. So many characters coming back this season. All we need now are the Bros Without Banners and maaaaybe LSH.

Edited by LiquidSwords
LiquidSwords

Episode 7 stuff:

Spoiler

Even more characters return omg. Sandor "The Motherfucking Hound" Clegane is alive, and the Brotherhood of Evil Without Banners is even acknowledged. Pretty sure one of them was Lemoncloak. *heavy breathing and hype intensifies*

Spoiler

I will straight up change my name if Beric is in charge of this version of the Brotherhood. :hmph:

Lol @Beric  I hope that neither Beric nor Thoros are associated and that group are just a bunch of mercenaries. I imagine that if they were "ranked" Brotherhood members, they'd have recognised Sandor from the whole killing of Beric situation. 

I I love how GoT takes someone/something you really quite enjoyed and completely ruins that and vice versa. 

Over the moon that the Hound is back. He's been a favourite character since Blackwater. (As I'm sure he has been for many others too). 

P.S Rich text editor is fucking shit. Especially on a mobile. 

LiquidSwords
Spoiler

Hound's scenes killed it, best part of the episode. Nice to see Thoros and Beric again also.

Not sure how I feel about Arya being stabbed repeatedly in the belly and surviving that shit. Glad she's finally giving up the faceless nonsense and going home though.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:54 PM, Beric said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I will straight up change my name if Beric is in charge of this version of the Brotherhood. :hmph:

It was a bad idea for us to take these names before the story ended. :lol:

I don't believe Arya will give up the "faceless man nonsense". Jaqen H'ghar seemed to acknowledge Arya's request as if it works in his favour or was planned from the outset. I'm guessing of course.

Sandor potentially joining the Brotherhood is interesting. He's spent the entire show caring for nobody but himself, until he joined with Arya briefly, but now could be fighting for "the greater good"?

Did we hear where Varys is going? I didn't catch it if it was mentioned.

Spoiler

Not sure I buy Arya's story either. Super injured, fresh off milk of the poppy, extended chase (complete with a wipeout), then beats the waif in an off screen fight. Felt like a cop out... I actually do buy and believe the Hound story though. I really like his redemption arc. It was probably my favorite part of the episode. 

Next episode is the Battle of the Bastards. Hypeee :trollface:

LiquidSwords
On 6/13/2016 at 2:56 PM, Dan G said:

Hide contents

I don't believe Arya will give up the "faceless man nonsense". Jaqen H'ghar seemed to acknowledge Arya's request as if it works in his favour or was planned from the outset. I'm guessing of course.

Sandor potentially joining the Brotherhood is interesting. He's spent the entire show caring for nobody but himself, until he joined with Arya briefly, but now could be fighting for "the greater good"?

Did we hear where Varys is going? I didn't catch it if it was mentioned.

Spoiler

Varys said they need friends in Westeros, I believe, so my guess is there.

Book spoilers. 

Spoiler

I'm assuming Varys is off to meet whoever the hell is taking the place of the novel's Prince Quentyn Martell. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes? I hope not since we know Quentyn dies and is basically a deadend plot. We've had enough disappointing Dorne storylines and Daenerys spinning her wheels in a far-off desert.

31 minutes ago, Beric said:

Book spoilers. 

Hide contents

I'm assuming Varys is off to meet whoever the hell is taking the place of the novel's Prince Quentyn Martell. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes? I hope not since we know Quentyn dies and is basically a deadend plot. We've had enough disappointing Dorne storylines and Daenerys spinning her wheels in a far-off desert.

Spoiler

Maybe he's headed to King's Landing with a crossbow?

My reaction to the Arya end sequence was also disbelief.  I love Arya and her overarching story, but overcoming several stab wounds and winning a fight (even in the dark where she's been training) against an experienced fighter was absurd.  

Agreed that it's great having Clegane back.  With an axe.

I'm probably in the minority, but in my humble and silly opinion the show has really been dropping in quality recently -- and a large part of it is that it is getting less and less faithful to the books. :(

It's still great, of course, but... Good thing I always preferred the book series to the television show anyways, I suppose~

10 hours ago, Sirsir said:

I'm probably in the minority, but in my humble and silly opinion the show has really been dropping in quality recently -- and a large part of it is that it is getting less and less faithful to the books. :(

It's still great, of course, but... Good thing I always preferred the book series to the television show anyways, I suppose~

Personally I think that's a good thing. Having not read the books (although I do now own them and they're ready for my trip to Australia in December), It gives me an incentive to do so. 

I'm interested in discovering the differences. 

12 hours ago, Sirsir said:

Books, show, I don't care. What's going on right now is just terrible storytelling. It's season 6,  We're about 70-85% the way into the story. And somehow we end up with about 90% of this season being deadend character development? What do I care about Riverrun? It could be abandoned for all I care. Blackfish? Some irrelevant character who might as well have died long ago, not even requiring a mention let alone screen time. Why are we still in Meereen, my god? The battle of the bastards? How have we devolved to this? A main character fighting a very irrelevant character has become the crux of the second to last full season? Unless the point is to have everyone die to demonstrate how meaningless everything is. In terms of actual things happening this season, we only have a couple. Bran learning and figuring out his powers. Theon and his sister on their way to deliver a fleet of ships to Dany. Everything else could be cut.

This kind of shit might be okay if we were watching a show like The Walking Dead or some shit where you're fully aware that you're getting shitty tiny conflicts which get resolved in the same episode, and maybe one event moving foward the overall plot per season. Through season 3 at least, most things mattered, and character development was perfectly fine because we didn't know the characters yet.

These last two episodes better kill it. This has been the worst season thus far.