A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

It's nothing exciting, just someone cleaning shit. My stomach couldn't handle it. 

31 minutes ago, Beric said:

It's nothing exciting, just someone cleaning shit. My stomach couldn't handle it. 

That was very hard to watch. 

On 7/17/2017 at 4:27 PM, LiquidSwords said:

That's Game of Thrones for ya

How about that Ed Sheeran cameo tho

Very immersion-breaking for me. Did not enjoy.

The episode was shit by GoT standards. Literally nothing happened. They ran out of ways to shock and awe, major character deaths no longer faze us, so they had a 10 minute montage of poop bowls. Wonderful. The only highlight was the 5 minute Dragonstone scene which was basically just the CG department flexing their increased budget. Bleh. I figured the "only 7 episodes this season" meant every episode would be jam-packed full of exciting things happening - boy was I wrong.

LiquidSwords

Yeah a lot of people didn't like it. The only part that stood out to me was his singing voice, but otherwise I didn't mind the scene.

I didn't expect a lot to happen in a premier, the start-offs are usually slow to pick up on the action. I could definitely have done without the shitty soup montage though.

3 hours ago, Memphus said:

The episode was shit by GoT standards. Literally nothing happened. They ran out of ways to shock and awe, major character deaths no longer faze us, so they had a 10 minute montage of poop bowls. Wonderful. The only highlight was the 5 minute Dragonstone scene which was basically just the CG department flexing their increased budget. Bleh. I figured the "only 7 episodes this season" meant every episode would be jam-packed full of exciting things happening - boy was I wrong.

My name is Memphus and my standards are so high that Daenerys Targaryen arriving in Westeros is nothing of note. Neither is Ayra Stark announcing her new assassination target. Neither is Euron Greyjoy forming the seeds of alliance with Cersei Lannister and promising to return with a gift worthy of a queen.

4 hours ago, Memphus said:

The only highlight was the 5 minute Dragonstone scene

That was the worst scene of the entire episode. Danny sucks. I knew it was going to end with some silly quip like "Let's begin" or "this throne isn't iron but it'll do for now".

Bleh.

Everything else was pretty alright actually. It was a good start and touched on (I believe) all the major storylines in play.

Euron also had that great scene with Cersi and Jaime. I wasn't sold on him til then.

Now THAT was a episode. The battle at the end was a real treat. Euron is one of my favourites now. Looks like I was wrong about Euron's gift :) looks like it's in the form of

a mother snake prisoner

Edited by Memphus