Elder Scrolls V

Scott

I'm currently a lvl 6 flame/shock dest mage. Any quests/gear I should do/get sooner rather than later?

Mage College in Winterhold will get you some of the best stuff you'll see for a lot of levels.

Finally started this game. What's the best guild to join as a Dark Elf?

Assuming you're maging, see above.

I'm currently a lvl 6 flame/shock dest mage. Any quests/gear I should do/get sooner rather than later?

a shield

Yeah this.

Eff that noise.

a shield

Yeah this.

I'm not following :sly:

The game's so much harder when you're not using a shield or getting some of the useful perks in the Block perk tree.

Parrying with a shield is the only way I managed to get through some of the harder sections :dan:

a shield

Yeah this.

I'm not following :sly:

The game's so much harder when you're not using a shield or getting some of the useful perks in the Block perk tree.

Parrying with a shield is the only way I managed to get through some of the harder sections :dan:

like getting 1-hit on master by those skeleton archers that can fusrodah you.

Casting with a shield seems like I'm forfeiting an unacceptable amount of firepower. Not only can I not combine spells, but I can't get knockdowns when I do. That's a significant sacrifice.

Casting with a shield seems like I'm forfeiting an unacceptable amount of firepower. Not only can I not combine spells, but I can't get knockdowns when I do. That's a significant sacrifice.

Truth.

If you're casting spells with a shield you're a noobfag.

Truth.

What are you using for defensive spells? Wards seem insufficient being they do nothing against a ranged attack.

Edited by Joshjrn

Are you kidding? You don't need a shield with casting. It's easy enough to do things with <40 destruction because the level is low enough, and once you get the Impact perk that basically becomes your defense. When you can stagger pretty much any enemy in the game with a dual cast spell, meh.

Truth.

What are you using for defensive spells? Wards seem insufficient being they do nothing against a ranged attack.

Restoration spells specced to restore stamina as well, along with some ___skin spells going into the fight (stone skin, ebony skin, etc). I don't bother with wards really either. Maybe if you find yourself out in the open with a Dragon rearing back to breathe fire at you but then again if that was the case I'd want to have a dual cast restoration spell charging as I was being prepared well-done.

From what I've read, Wards are actually exceptionally effective against dragons because dragon fire is considered by the game to be a ton of small attacks as opposed to a single large attack.

Once you get the right build and like 75 destruction, assuming you have the right magic boosting gear, any enemy 1 on 1 had absolutely zero chance. Including dragons. It could never move because I just kept stunning it. :P