Pro Sports Topic

Jake

So Drew, I'm making another ultimate team and I'm attempting to make a team that's not so common. I'm trying to create the fastest English team I can. It's reasonably cheap so I shouldn't have to merchant too long to make the money for it.

This is what I have so far:

ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor - 92 pace

RF: Theo Walcott / Aaron Lennon - 94 / 93 pace

LF: Ashley Young - 91 pace

CM: Fabian Delph - 85 pace

CM: Jack Wilshere IF3 / Giles Coke - 83 / 83 pace

LWB: Ashley Cole - 86 pace

CB: Chinedum Onuoha IF1 - 83 pace

CB: Moses Swaibu - 83 pace

CB: Matthew Kilgallon - 79 pace

RWB: Jon Otsemobor - 86 pace

GK: Joe Hart IF1

Going with 5 in defence as I'm predicting that counter-attacking would be this team's strength.

haha bum, such a pace abuse team, though it is fun to play with players like that. Gabby is absolutely ridiculous, there's no way he should only be an 81 st. I'd prob go w/ Bent as his back up, I can't remember what Sturridge's pace is at the moment.

I've recently started to use custom formations/tactics in UT and it makes it immensely better, sucks to play without now.

Also, I don't know how Hart's speed isn't at least like 75+, i mean, look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liJjDg9FLc

cracks me up every time, he's booking it haha

So Drew, I'm making another ultimate team and I'm attempting to make a team that's not so common. I'm trying to create the fastest English team I can. It's reasonably cheap so I shouldn't have to merchant too long to make the money for it.

Going with 5 in defence as I'm predicting that counter-attacking would be this team's strength.

haha bum, such a pace abuse team, though it is fun to play with players like that. Gabby is absolutely ridiculous, there's no way he should only be an 81 st. I'd prob go w/ Bent as his back up, I can't remember what Sturridge's pace is at the moment.

I've recently started to use custom formations/tactics in UT and it makes it immensely better, sucks to play without now.

Also, I don't know how Hart's speed isn't at least like 75+, i mean, look at this

Fucking hell, that's rapid lol.

On another note, I managed to get myself 4x100m final tickets at the Olympics

If Drogba stays. If not it'll be average. I honestly don't see Torres ever doing anything at Chelsea. I reckon by the end of the 11/12 season, he'll be back playing for a Spanish club.

That David De Gea looks awesome in the U21 tournament. Hopefully United can wrap up that signing shortly. Also; I really hope we manage to get Sneijder. He's linked with City, Chelsea & United. I think he'd be an idiot to be money hungry and go to City.

Edited by Dan

I thought the manager of inter said sneijder wouldn't be moving? And its looking like drogba will be gone unfortunately, maybe that's better for Torres though.

I read that united was also going after sanchez but he's going to barca. Isn't kagawa on uniteds radar as well?

Edited by Drewski

Sneijder won't be going to Utd. He said he's happy at Milan. David De Gea is considering his options after the U21 Euro's but there's a good chance Utd would be able to sign him, although according to Spanish teammates, they reckon he'll struggle to adapt to life in Utd since he's only 21 and speaks no English.

As for Chelsea signings, there's going to be a high chance that Villa-Boas might bring a player from there with him, but people are forgetting about Lukkaku who is strongly linked with a move to Chelsea for about a year now. He's been heralded the new Drogba (who is 34 now by the way). So if he joins, Drogba is gone. But saying that I really want to see Chelsea sign a midfielder, would love to see Modric coming although Tottenham are adamant on not selling him which is a pain.

I just watched both semi finals of the Gold Cup. Oh my god the quality of everything was so shit. Poor refereeing, the football was crap, the players were the worst divers I've ever seen and the crowd were stale.

Ashley young 5 year deal done.

Also rumors of a Diego Forlan return to United.

It'll be interesting to see if chelsea can bring hulk, falcao, etc. I'm ready for their transfer window to open up

Edited by Drewski

Forlan said in January (I think) that he'd never come back to the Premier League. I don't get why we'd get more strikers anyway. We're apparently keeping Berbatov, Owen's just signed a new contract, Hernandez and Rooney are going nowhere. If worst comes to worst, we have Danny Welbeck, Frederico Macheda can be recalled from his loan and so can Mame Diouf.

What I think is happening, and I really hope I'm right, is: Fergie's setting up a squad that will be good for the next 5 or maybe even 10 years. So when he's gone, the new manager already has a headstart of a good team who have played with each other for a while. That's the only reasoning I can think of with the signings of Hernandez (23), Ashley Young (25), Chris Smalling (21) and Phil Jones (19).

Edited by Dan

Forlan said in January (I think) that he'd never come back to the Premier League. I don't get why we'd get more strikers anyway. We're apparently keeping Berbatov, Owen's just signed a new contract, Hernandez and Rooney are going nowhere. If worst comes to worst, we have Danny Welbeck, Frederico Macheda can be recalled from his loan and so can Mame Diouf.

What I think is happening, and I really hope I'm right, is: Fergie's setting up a squad that will be good for the next 5 or maybe even 10 years. So when he's gone, the new manager already has a headstart of a good team who have played with each other for a while. That's the only reasoning I can think of with the signings of Hernandez (23), Ashley Young (25), Chris Smalling (21) and Phil Jones (19).

Diego Forlaaaaan.

Fucking hell, that's rapid lol.

On another note, I managed to get myself 4x100m final tickets at the Olympics

Jesus, look at that gallop.

Edited by Dedale
Popoyuanbro

Wow, when did we start talking about football on here? I gotta get in on this.

Edited by Popoyuanbro