Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

I am partially waiting until I either hit level 30, or until I can finish the dex to evolve a Gyarados, I would also like to find one with perfect IVs, but that is not a deal breaker. I have been sitting at lures quite a bit the past week and a half, but running a lot because there are other lures that are spread out that spawn other things as well. My total miles per day is down, but I am still making sure I get 10km per day in at the least.

I see. Yeah, I try to get around that as well, usually fall a little short though.

But according to the new update I'm a speed demon while walking at a staggering 3mph.

2cymb74.png

You're going to have to slow down a bit before you go and hurt yourself. The updates are pretty terrible, the nearby change to sighted is as bad as it gets. It is officially impossible to effectively find anything in the area, because if it is not within a small distance from you, it disappears entirely. I went around a block and everything that I had passed was gone before I made it down to the other end of the road. Hatched another 10km again, the end result was another Jynx. I can't find this Hitmonlee for the life of me.

I haven't bothered trying to track in ages. It's either too hot or raining too much to  just wander.

I still don't have a Jynx. Found a Hitmonlee shortly before the Venusaur that ran away from me, though. Missing so much.

Other than in the beginning, I have had terrible luck with eggs. 2kms are almost always Pidgeys and Rattatas, 5km usually Paras or Venonat, 10km Eevee or Pinsir. All can be easily found. Apparently the Dratini nest I used to go to is even an Eevee nest now.

IVs mean fuck all compared to moveset, when you consider that is RNG as well now

but this game is terrible anyways so why are you playing it? It's not even a game, it's just a really bad app.

30 minutes in a comfy office in a triple lure downtown > 30 DAYS hiking in the woods, exploring nature

this game fucking failed it's one goal. and failed miserably

12 hours ago, Memphus said:

IVs mean fuck all compared to moveset, when you consider that is RNG as well now

but this game is terrible anyways so why are you playing it? It's not even a game, it's just a really bad app.

30 minutes in a comfy office in a triple lure downtown > 30 DAYS hiking in the woods, exploring nature

this game fucking failed it's one goal. and failed miserably

Both IVs and Moveset are important, obviously I would not neglect either one. 

The game is fun, has people going outside, walking around, and socializing with people they probably wouldn't have ever talked to, let alone met. Spawns are considerably better the more people gathered into one area, so unless your office area is surrounded by things easily accessible to other players, your triple lure is almost a complete waste of modules. Admittedly, they do need to do something about spawns in rural areas being few and far between, but the game is not nearly as bad as you are making it sound.

55 minutes ago, Memphus said:

Pokemon GO in a nutshell:

nonq4sshh88x.png

Mostly true. But parks are best.

Was a Dratini nest:

b6xa9w.jpg

Edit: It flipped my image... Strange. Can't fix it right now, but you get the idea...

Edited by Ripply

They should weaken lures and pump up the power of incense. I want to be encouraged to walk around and explore parks, not set up a lawn chair and sit still for hours.

Also get rid of those "triple lure" hotspots. Write a line of code that finds any place where there are two/three stops that overlap, and delete one/two of them

Edited by Memphus
On 8/9/2016 at 2:27 AM, Ripply said:

I haven't bothered trying to track in ages. It's either too hot or raining too much to  just wander.

Yup. Our State sucks. :jade:

2 hours ago, Pyrolord said:

Yup. Our State sucks. :jade:

!!! <3

Yeah... Pokemon Go during hurricane season... :( indeed it sucks.

I actually spent all Monday soaking wet at work because my umbrella broke, not that it would have helped much (windy sideways rain). Had to run into work from my car while it was pouring. Finally fully dried by the time I was leaving.

So what team are you? Where do you hunt?

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

mid 90s for me all week. way too hot to go outside :sadbanana:

That's just gross. 

1 hour ago, Ripply said:

!!! <3

Yeah... Pokemon Go during hurricane season... :( indeed it sucks.

I actually spent all Monday soaking wet at work because my umbrella broke, not that it would have helped much (windy sideways rain). Had to run into work from my car while it was pouring. Finally fully dried by the time I was leaving.

So what team are you? Where do you hunt?

Ouch that sucks lol. Luckily my lunch breaks & clock in/clock out times have been just before the sky opens. And I always break the building owners rules & park super close to the door anyway. B)

Valor ftw (because Moltres ftw)! Usually the Tampa, St Pete, and Largo areas are usually where I head when I do go out hunting. How about you?

5 hours ago, Pyrolord said:

That's just gross. 

Ouch that sucks lol. Luckily my lunch breaks & clock in/clock out times have been just before the sky opens. And I always break the building owners rules & park super close to the door anyway. B)

Valor ftw (because Moltres ftw)! Usually the Tampa, St Pete, and Largo areas are usually where I head when I do go out hunting. How about you?

Good. :D I was going to choose Mystic because blue is my favorite color, but liked Valor's description much better. Found out my direct coworkers were all going Valor before I made me final decision.

Mainly near work, or sometimes Safety Harbor. I tend to aim more for hatching, so I'll walk in my neighborhood a lot. I'll go back to Eagle Lake Park when the weather is more reliable and/or becomes something other than an Eevee nest. RIP Dratini nest. :(  

48 minutes ago, Justin said:

I drive an hour to find things besides birds, bugs and rats. It has been worth all of the gas I have used.

I did master the art of hitting a pokestop while traveling 65 miles an hour in a vehicle.