Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

Ok, so the invisible stats are important for gym battles, but the visible stats (height and weight) are meaningless? Sounds super logical!

5 hours ago, Rafi said:

@Ripply But... does individual value actually matter for anything? Or is it just another meaningless stat like weight and height?

Also, is my deduction correct that you see the ??? if the pokemon is higher CP than any of your current pokemon?

I haven't tested it that much, but people I know have tested a Pokemon with low IV against the same Pokemon with lower CP and higher IV. High IV beat out CP.

It's not super important to me, but if I get a low CP Pokemon with a high IV, I'd rather evolve it and use my Stardust to level it rather then use a higher CP one.

Yes, CP??? Is higher than anything you have. 2121 Snorlax.

Size matters. Oh, Pokemon, right... I heard it matters for HP, but could have been another rumor.

Edited by Ripply
56 minutes ago, Rafi said:

Ok, so the invisible stats are important for gym battles, but the visible stats (height and weight) are meaningless? Sounds super logical!

The IV's would define the damage output, health and stamina of the pokemon. Think of it as a modifier. A pokemon with full IV's would be 100% of what it could possibly be if you maxed it out. Say the level cap was 40, a dragonite with perfect IV's at lvl 40 might reach, say, 3500 CP. One with shittier IV's might only reach 2800 even if you leveled it up to the max level, and would have lower health, stamina and DPS based on which IV's it's lacking.

8 hours ago, Eisa said:

The IV's would define the damage output, health and stamina of the pokemon. Think of it as a modifier. A pokemon with full IV's would be 100% of what it could possibly be if you maxed it out. Say the level cap was 40, a dragonite with perfect IV's at lvl 40 might reach, say, 3500 CP. One with shittier IV's might only reach 2800 even if you leveled it up to the max level, and would have lower health, stamina and DPS based on which IV's it's lacking.

That sounds exactly what i just said.... but you still need to pay attention to the moveset 

31 minutes ago, Ripply said:

@Bobby, is there any way to predict what movesets you'll get? Really don't want Twister on my next Gyarados...

Completely random last i knew. I feel you. My first one had twister on it :(

Eh, they fill the Pokedex, and they're not nearly the supply dump that a high CP ones are. Odds of getting a wild one that has high CP, the ideal moveset and good IVs are not very good, anyway.

Can't you just pump up their CP with stardust and candy though?

I would think that you'd be better off doing that on one with a good moveset and decent IVs than playing the RNG game with evolutions

If you have loads of extra stardust and candy to burn through, yes, you can power up the lower cp ones.  Most of us do not have that luxury though.

1 hour ago, James said:

That would break my heart. 

It was sad as I heard others getting 1600+ from that spawn. But I keep him to throw in the gym near where I work if it is in another takeover war and changes every minute.

I can't be too sad about it, as I've gotten really lucky. Caught a 2k+ Snorlax a few weeks ago, and Sunday caught another. Yesterday I caught a 1528 Magmar. Awkward placement though - he was at the entrance of an aquarium.

Ok, maybe a little sad now. A 1269 Weepinbell just ran away from me. Would have evolved better than my current Victreebel.

Edited by Ripply

Yeah...

Meanwhile my army of hypno are capping out at 600-800 cp. Living in the middle of no where makes the game unenjoyable. I'm going on vacation next week and am planning to play a bit more while I'm in the lower 48. 

Edited by James
1 hour ago, James said:

Yeah...

Meanwhile my army of hypno are capping out at 600-800 cp. Living in the middle of no where makes the game unenjoyable. I'm going on vacation next week and am planning to play a bit more while I'm in the lower 48. 

Where are you going?