Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

Hot spots are basically an area with at least 10+ pokestops (areas with high cellular activity such as theme parks, shopping centers, beaches, etc). 

Facebook. Join Pokemon GO groups based around the area you live. Pay attention to the posts, people will show their catches and where they found it. Go to the location that everyone keeps mentioning.

Here's where the Kabuto are.

4jvpqx.jpg

Poor little guy lost part of a leg.

Might not get outside much for Pokehunting this weekend. :( Too much rain.

Edited by Ripply

Now have enough to evolve, though the last two were on my way to my car to escape the rain. Poured on me, and of course stopped as soon as I was in my car.

I just need to find which is best to evolve and get a lucky egg.

deo5km.png

On August 27, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Ripply said:

Now have enough to evolve, though the last two were on my way to my car to escape the rain. Poured on me, and of course stopped as soon as I was in my car.

I just need to find which is best to evolve and get a lucky egg.

deo5km.png

I thought Kabuto were supposed to be extinct!

Also, you don't just evolve the highest level one?  I thought that all stats get randomized on evolution.  Is there actual method to the madness?  I can't discern any useful factor for height and weight.  

Hit level 23 today.  Have probably 50 evolutions banked for when I have time to use an egg (impossibly hard to find 30 minutes with nothing to do but pokemon), but only 2-3 will be new specimens.  Did get a wild Exeggutor this evening though so am now at 77 caught 79 seen.  Slowly closing in on a few of the 100 candy evolutions.

Awesome! Yeah I think lucky eggs are the best use of my gym coins.

IV matters, but I don't always care. You'll notice the appraise gives different quotes. All defined here: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

Example, the Kabuto I evolved was about 51-52% IV:

2gugwfd.png

On another note, I got really lucky today. Finally caught a Porygon! And this happened.. again, now at level 26:

nlvscy.png

Edited by Ripply

@Ripply But... does individual value actually matter for anything? Or is it just another meaningless stat like weight and height?

Also, is my deduction correct that you see the ??? if the pokemon is higher CP than any of your current pokemon?

5 hours ago, Rafi said:

@Ripply But... does individual value actually matter for anything? Or is it just another meaningless stat like weight and height?

Also, is my deduction correct that you see the ??? if the pokemon is higher CP than any of your current pokemon?

It does matter because it affects actual stats.

Every Pokemon has Attack/Defence/Stamina Stats.

IV are the hidden Stats that can differ from pokemon to pokemon and go from 0 to 15 for each Stat (Attack/Defence/Stamina).

Lets take Charmander as an example.

Those are his ingame Stats:

BASE STAMINA 78

BASE ATTACK 128

BASE DEFENSE 108

But each time you hatch/catch a Charmander, it gets hidden Stat Rolls to Attack/Defense/Stamina that we call IV (Individual Values) and go from 0 to 15 as i stated above.

Lets say you get 12/7/14 as an example. That means your charmander gets 12 Attack, 7 Defense and 14 Stamina added to his normal stats. So a lot of people would prefer a 500CP Charmander with lets say 14/12/15 Rolls over a 600CP one with bad rolls like 7/6/10.